Saturday, May 21, 2011

More Talbots Fitting Room

Just killing time while my friend was looking for a wedding outfit during last week's sale at Talbots, I tried a few things on. First I noticed this Delave linen pleated sash skirt in blue and size 2P. I paired it with the Slub-knit beaded flower tee and green/blue.


Since summer is around the corner, I am looking for some shorts. These are the 9" twill shorts in size 4. They are a much better fabric and quality than the Gap shorts I tried the week before.

 

I also tried on the Delave linen jacket size 4 since I saw no size 2 around. It is a bit loose, so a 2 would probably fit better. The fabric looks and feels great.


And just as we were about to leave, I came across these beautiful slingbacks, and gave them a try. They are size 7.5, which is a half size smaller than I usually wear in shoes. The top is soft leather. The inside and sole are also leather, and they are gorgeous. Once I got home, I noticed they come in other colours and they are also on sale on the website.


Hope everyone is having a great (long) weekend!

14 comments:

  1. The skirt and jacket are so cute. Thanks for sharing pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually looking online for some shorts today, too. Ended up ordering some from J. Crew. Hope they fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gigiofca: yes, they are even cuter IRL. Thanks for visiting!

    Jess: hard to pass up the free shipping no minimum deal they are offering right now. Hope they fit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am really loving that linen blazer, it is so fitted and classic. Guess I will have to visit Talbot's this season. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE EVERYTHING you tried on--it all looks phenomenal--the Delave pieces and that cute tee are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. xoxo: it's beautiful IRL, much more so than in my pictures. It is on my list.

    yogagirl: thanks! They are very nicely done, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shorts are darling and so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi tricia! Yes, they are really nice. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally have those shoes!!! Love the skirt
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth! Don't you just love them? I've never seen such soft leather on a shoe before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely slingbacks, really elegant and very 1950's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. T., they are. The photos don't do them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am drooling over the tee- so pretty for spring. I am totally into flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Slastena! Then you need to check out the store. They have another colour scheme in the same pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.