Sunday, May 1, 2011

J. Crew Visit

I don't visit a JC store very often, but when I do, I usually spend way too much time in there. It didn't happen this time. The Vegas only store is way out in the Town Square Mall and the selection they have is not very big. Why the store in the mall on the strip closed down, is beyond me. To get to the Town Square Mall you need a car, and the cab fare was not cheap. Anyway, after returning the Lockhood hobo, which I blogged about here, I had the opportunity to try only a few things on. My time was limited, as I had to get back to the hotel and change for an afternoon meeting.

Here are the new Linen Maddie pants and the Schoolboy blazer in chambray. The pants fit TTS. The blazer fits like the previous schoolboy blazers. For me, this was a size 4, as I have broader shoulders than most. The top is the Lace-over tank in XS and taupe. Even though XS was on the large-ish side, I took this one as the one smaller wouldn't have worked for me for the same reason I size up in blazers.


And here is the Lace-over Tank in XS and ivory. The pants are the Zip utility pants I wore that day.


Next are the Whisper linen tee in XS  and the Day-tripper pants in size 0 and vintage fatigue. I am glad I didn't order this top. It is extremely sheer. I couldn't wear it without a cami underneath.


Pants again are the Field pants in size 2 and weathered wood colour:


Lastly I gave the Captain cardigan in size S and faded black a try. It's cute, but those gold buttons didn't appeal to me:


I tried on a few other pants from the sale rack, but none of them made it home with me. No wonder the sales racks were full with them. I did end up getting the Soft washed wool scarf in orchid and a couple of bracelets on top of the other items I already blogged about earlier.

Have you visited JC lately? What did you think?

16 comments:

  1. Glad that you were able to visit a store even if it costed you a taxi ride. Those daytripper and field pants look great on you. I think they are throwing at us too many pants (or too many versions of the same pant). Even if I visit a store at least once a week I am not even sure that I have seen those. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the day tripper pants. They are as comfy as sweats! I just went to J.Crew yesterday, and they had 30% off the final sale and ended up with some goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ema, and you are very welcome! This store is not going to make it in the current location, I am predicting. There was not a soul in the store when I went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy! Yes, they sure are. I was hoping they would be on sale already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Maddie pants on you! Thanks for the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great in all the pants. Too bad about that linen tee. It sure comes in some pretty colors. Thanks for sharing pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks AppGal, and you're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, gigi! I have fun trying different things on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not been to the store in a while! I love those daytripper pants on you they are the perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi tricia! Thanks for visiting! I liked them too -- they were very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that rose, I've never known it's name, I always wondered if it was wild.

    ReplyDelete
  12. really love your style!!!!
    honey!great post
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the legs for the day tripper pants - I love them but they aren't so cropped on me, haha! I am still around, sitting on my hands, and waiting for my dorrie skirt in modern red to finally come in. I was too late to snag one in-stores so I ordered it online and am waaaaaaaiittttting ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, T.! I think it's an old rose whose name escapes me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Silvia! Thanks, and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lisa! Surprise, but I actually folded them to look cropped. ;) Good luck! Hope you get your Dorrie skirt soon!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.