Wednesday, April 20, 2011

J. Crew Lockwood Hobo

I waited almost a month to get the new bag I ordered during the 30% off sale (on top of the promo price). It finally made it here, all with taxes and duty slapped on top of it. It wasn't pleasant, let me tell you... 

Anyway, the Lockwood Hobo arrived nicely tucked in its dust bag. I pulled it out and to my surprise, the colour was much darker than what I have seen on the website -- off several monitors, mind you. Not that it's a bad thing, since a darker, more saturated colour like this would be more versatile.


The bag has an interior front-wall patch pocket and a back-wall zip pocket. The turnlock is brass and it opens the larger compartment that has an inside pocket as well. The lining is cotton twill.


Top zipper opens the back-wall compartment:


Back wall view:


What J. Crew says about the hobo bag: "in buttery soft leather, it's the one thing we'll get caught wearing seven days a week." I would love to be able to wear it all week long, but the leather is so soft, I'd be afraid of scratching it. Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous bag, just not practical enough for me.

Do you have this hobo? How do you like it?

12 comments:

  1. My Chanel 2:55's are like that, I gave to wear kid gloves just to take them out if their boxes. I love that colour, now I want a box of toffee to exhaust my jaw on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag looks super-soft, I just want to smoosh it. I don't have this one but I have the Gemini tote and the zipper pocket and turnlock closure design are almost identical. How do you find the twisted shoulder strap, is it comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, T.! I know what you mean. I need a bag that I can have no mercy on.

    The colour is a yummy caramel, so I can relate to the toffee craving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. xoxo, that's how I felt too. It's beautiful, and the strap is comfortable. However, I think I need something more sturdy than this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost ordered this in black but it would have been final sale and I didn't want to take the risk. Then I saw the satchel version in the store (in black) and there was something about the leather I didn't like - it felt odd. I ordered a Cole Haan purse instead, we'll see how that one goes. I love the two pockets on this JC one - a turnlock for easy access and a zip for security.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristin, and thanks for visiting! Yes, I would be afraid to buy a bag final sale too. Hope the Cole Haan works out for you. I love the turnlock too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you keeping or returning it? The color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have until Sunday morning to think about it. My friend thinks I should keep it. I am not so sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're on the fence, return it. There are so many bag choices out there. This one is very plain to me, which can be a good thing. It just depends on what you need. The leather issue can be remedied a bit by adding protection. I've put creme protection & then followed up w/a spray. However, you may feel paranoid no matter what. If that's the case, may not worth any price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome hobo!! Happy Easter, darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi gigi! I doubt you can put any cream on it. The leather doesn't have a shiny finish. I know I would be paranoid, and you are right... Just looking through Shopstyle for links I discovered so many alternatives!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi OneCraftyFox! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.