Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gap Stop - April Edition

I am trying to get ready for a trip in 2 weeks and was in need of a beige sweater. Initially I had the J. Crew  Saturday sweater on my mind, but knowing it will never get here in time, I opted for the Gap version called Cuffed crewneck sweater in oatmeal heather, here in sizes S and M. I chose size S. It was on sale for $24.99, and the store had a 30% off discount today as well.


I forgot to mention that as I entered the store an entire side wall was covered in beautiful whites, warm taupes, pale mauves and other very light colours, just to put me in the mood for spring. One example is the outfit below. The jeans are fitted and feel luxurious to the touch.

Soft U-Neck Tee (in super mauva)(similar here or here)

Usually I am not into gladiator sandals as they make the leg look shorter, but these were close enough to my pale skin that they blended right in. They were also too big for me. I am usually an 8, but I think size 7 would have fitted me:

 

I also tried the Tiered dress in size 2 and beach pebble. I loved it, but it was too short. Here are the front and side views:

 
 

I hope your weekend was relaxing. Have a good week ahead, everyone!

22 comments:

  1. Yay for the Gap, usually reliable! The Moto jacket is interesting, looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was curious about the tiered dress. It looks pretty online. I like the moto jacket & your basic tan sweater. Gap can be reliable when they want to be. I see what you mean about the shoes, but if you're feet swell when it's warm you will probably appreciate the 8. They're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lady C.! I liked them all! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, suburban mom! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pretty dress, gigi, but a bit short for my 5'6". The sandals were pretty loose on my feet, but I was talking more about their length. They were definitely too big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think the tiered dress looks lovely on you Rose, and it doesn't seem too short in your pics, either. I especially like it worn with the gladiator sandals (if you had the correct size, of course)...such a fun spring look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear I thought that was me in the white jeans pic for a moment!
    I love a beige sweater worn with white jeans, it's one of my favourite every day looks. I like the dress too, I don't think it's too short either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pieces you've picked. Play well with each other :) Still looking to replace some basics (like white jeans and good shorts) for warm weather. Gap is the ol'realiable. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, FFM! It's a pretty dress, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, T.! Wanna come over, have double-takes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi CC! I like pieces that 'play well' with each other. ;) Lots of shorts I didn't have time to look at there, so you may be in luck if you pay them a visit. I also think on Wednesdays they have a 40% off full price items in the store. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tiered dress is really pretty on you!! I also like the gladiator sandals on you once you get the right size!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, tricia! They are kind of cute, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Moto jacket is amazing and looks great with the leggings and the dres!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, OneCraftyFox! Nice of you to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for reviewing that tiered dress! I've been eyeing it on Gap for a while - it looks gorgeous on you, as does everything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks kat, and welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that cuffed sweater. You look MARVI
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Beth! :) I love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.