Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Banana Republic Dresses

Lots of floral prints, bright colours, quite unlike the Banana Republic I have gotten used to in the last few years. 

The first one I tried on (in XS) is a wrap dress. The cleavage was enormous and the sides were just too short for my taste, but this might be a great vacation dress. I can't even find it on the website yet.

Silk Dress (similar here, here or here)

Below is the Spring flowers sheath size 2 without and with the Open placket slub cardigan in size S and sandy taupe.



 Below is the same style dress, but in a different print and size 4, and the lighter colour Open placket slub cardigan:


Next is the Alicia silk printed patio dress in size S. I am on my toes and the dress sweeps the floor. It felt like I was wearing a tent and didn't think it was flattering at all.


Lastly is Sylvia silk/linen strapless dress in the Pacific colour and size S. I blogged about it in my previous post.

Sylvia Silk/linen Strapless Dress

Hope your week is going well so far.


11 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't think I've seen this many florals in BR since...the early 90s??? Like the print on the first dress but cut is too boobtastic! ;P Love the Silvia on you, the Pacific colour is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell, since I doubt I spent any time in BR at all in the 90s, but I believe you. Yes, boobtastic was right! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh spring has just sprung on your blog. I love the boobtastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what I think about those patterns. At least they're trying something new. BR has been boring for awhile, imo. I *do* like that last dress on you. The color & style are flattering. Thanks for sharing pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Closet Crisis, I hadn't seen florals at BR in years!

    I really think BR needs to do something about their online models styling/posing - every time I peruse their site, it all kind of blurs together, I hadn't even noticed some of the items you reviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite the cleavage issue, I really like the first dress on you - the colours look really nice! I also like the Sylvia dress on you - it's simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it has, T.! You do, don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi gigi! At least they are trying! I still think they do jackets really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, and thanks for dropping in! Yes, CC said something about their models the other day -- not very inspiring, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Louise! The first dress might 'go' at a tropical resort, and so would the blue one, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these images and your blog. Your style and vibe are cute.
    check mine out and follow me back if you like it! Appreciate the support.

    http://clothesovercarbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.