Sunday, April 3, 2011

Banana Republic - April Edition

I stopped by two Banana Republic stores recently and took note of some of the new offerings. I was looking for some crop or capri pants, preferably in a neutral colour for the summer, and I came across the Jackson fit washed sateen crop pants. These are the glen olive colour and size 0. I did manage to squeeze in them since they had no 2 or 4 to try on, but there was some muffin top effect going. The sweater is the Striped ruffle scoopneck in size S and stork pink colour. Stork pink?

Jackson Fit Washed Sateen Crop Pants (similar here or here

Below are the same pants with the Slubby striped roll-up tee in size S and neon azalea colour. The pink is truly neon, which is not quite visible from the photo here or on the BR website:

Slubby Striped Roll-up Tee

The Striped ruffle scoopneck in XS and jupiter orange colour. Has Banana Republic hired the writer from J. Crew, I wonder? Who comes up with these colour names, anyway? The sweater is a bit too snug, and as you can see from both photos, it is quite thin. But overall, I really like the orange version in size S, most likely.
 

I also manage to find the  Jackson fit washed sateen crop pants in size 2 in a colour called grey splash.I like these almost as much as the glen olive ones. Size 2 is definitely my pant size.


Lastly, at least for now, the Sylvia silk/linen strapless dress in black. I didn't remove the straps. The other colour offered is a nice blue called pacific. The great thing about this dress is that it is made of an 80/20 silk/linen blend and has a built in bra. Size S fitted me, a 36B most of the time.

 
Sylvia Silk/linen Strapless Dress (similar here or here or a long version here)

Hope everyone is having a great week ahead.


20 comments:

  1. I like the dress! It looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Lady C, that dress looks great on you. I am really liking the neon stripe tee. Hope there's a promo soon, but not too soon, KWIM? ;) BR has GOTTA do something about their product pics, really blah. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lady C.! Considering I have an aversion to strapless dresses, I actually liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, CC! I like the tee as well, and am hoping for a % off soon too. I agree, BR photos are terrible. They definitely do not inspire me to rush and buy anything from them. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Striped Scoopneck on you in BOTH the PINK and ORANGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with stripes right now!! You know you look amazing in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, yogagirl! I like them both, but definitely don't need 2 sweaters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, tricia! You are too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many stripes! I am loving the slubby striped tee, that color looks fab on you. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jupiter orange is a riot,

    That dress is very va va voom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love the dress! I know the names are so random sometimes:)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the year of the striped, it seems, Andrea! Thanks, and great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi T.! It is, isn't it? Would be great for a tropical vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by, mimi! We wonder about the names... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I especially like that 2nd striped top. Very cute. When BR pants work, they really-really work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi gigi! It's really cute IRL. The crop/capri ones seem to work, but their long ones are still too short on me. However, the AT/Loft never failed me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I [heart] stripes and maxi dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i currently have way to many stripped shirts in my closet!
    www.lovelyinfluence.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi CraftyFox! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nicole C, and thanks for visiting my blog! Who doesn't? :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.