Sunday, March 13, 2011

J.Crew Dresses

On my most recent trip to J. Crew land I tried on a few dresses. Usually I am having a hard time finding a dress that fits perfectly. The Vivette dress I liked quite a bit. This is a size 4 and provence pink colour.


Next is the Swirling dots dress in size 2. This dress is a mix of cotton and silk, and I loved it. The necklace is the Sparkle mesh collar necklace in black diamond. 

Next is the Delaney eyelet dress size 2 and is way too tight on my torso. It's a nice summer dress but not worth the full price of $128 in my opinion.


Another summer dress that didn't wow me is the  Crisscross dress in size 2 and navy colour. It added bulk everywhere, so it may work for a very skinny chick. I didn't like it on me, and was also too low cut for my taste.

Crisscross Dress

I had high hopes for the   Herringbone Cargo Dress but my expectations fell short. Pun intended. It was also too low cut for my comfort level. This is size 2 in spice olive colour:

Herringbone Cargo Dress

Lastly, the Boathouse Shirtdress in size 2 and modern red colour is another one that disappointed me. It's too short and the fabric looks 'weathered' as if it has seen way too much sun.

Boathouse Shirtdress

Any likes/dislikes?

Hope everyone is having a good start of the week.



19 comments:

  1. You know a lot of these remind me of the dresses I owned from J. Crew circa 1995. Not bad, but the shapes seem not modern, and I don't know that I want to go back to my study abroad look. :)

    You look cute in many of them, but the boathouse is my fave on you (even though I know it isn't your favorite!).

    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Swirling Dots dress on you. Sorry the rest of them were disappointing! I have been finding that a lot of J.Crew dresses are that way lately, although every now and then I can find a gem. Thanks for the pics and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the swirling dots looks really good on you but as Dina I also like boathouse (maybe you should try the other color?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reviews - I have my eye on the Vivette dress in that exact pink color. I haven't seen it in stores yet and I am wondering if it'll wash me out - I think the fit and coloring is fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boathouse dress. I've seen it a few times and just can't into it at all. I actually like the Delaney dress on you. I like that silhouette. The Vivette looks pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dina, and thanks for stopping by. I have no clue what the JC dresses cca. 1995 looked like, unfortunately, but I think they were cute, if these are any indication. Too bad they are just so short! I could have had both colours of the herringbone dress for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Appgal! I like the swirling dots as well. You are very welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Ema! Maybe on my next trip, if it's still in stores. But that's not until the end of April -- still not warm enough to wear something like this around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, and thanks for visiting! You will love the Vivette dress. The fabric is beautiful and can very well be worn as a special occasion piece with the right jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, gigi. I would have like it too had it not been so tight on my torso. The bottom was floating on me, on the other hand. But that's my eternal problem with dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the reviews and pics Rose. I love the Vivette and Swirling Dots dresses on you! I definitely think you should consider getting them. The Swirling Dots doesn't seem to be selling very well, so maybe it will get marked down soon. I like it, too, and will definitely be considering it at sale price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Vivette is stunning on you, the boathouse is a baggy sad sack of a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, FFM! Those are my favourite two as well. As I said... perhaps on my next trip in April (Vegas, here I come!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Tabitha! I loved the Vivette as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried on the vivette dress in this color as well and loved it! It looks great on you. I also really do like the boathouse dress on you. I kind of liked the weathered look of this dress. Gives it a bit of character or something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Delaney dress! But they are all cute.
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Jennifer, and thanks for visiting! As I said, I loved the vivette dress.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Beth! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.