Friday, March 18, 2011

J. Crew - March Edition

I took a few more pics on my last JC visit, and hope someone will find them useful. For reference, I am 5'6" and usually take size 2 or 4 in tops, 0-4 in skirts and almost always 2 in pants.

The first one is the Vineyard pencil skirt. I am trying on size 4, since there was no 2 in the store. The fabric texture is beautiful.The top is the Eyelet embroidered tank, size XS and colour ivory. In the second photo I am trying on the Oralie cardigan in size S and slate colour. It is 100% polyester, but it feels very silky.

Next are the Day-tripper pants, in size 0. I sized down for these. The shirt is the Suckered plaid shirt, size 2. The colours in this one are beautiful.


I also tried on the Sequin boy tee (currently on sale) in XXS! The bottom part and the edges of the sleeves were too tight, but the body was OK. I think an XS would have fit me. The skirt is the Bellflower tweed pencil skirt I blogged about before here.

Sequin Boy Tee (similar here or here)

Next is the Embroidered art tank, in size XS. It's cut way too low.

Embroidered Art Tank

Tulip ruffle cami size 2 and dragonfly blue. I blogged about this cami in pearl colour here.

Tulip Ruffle Cami

The much talked about Dorrie skirt (here in size 4 and toffee colour) didn't do anything for me, unfortunately. I tried it here with the Vintage Cotton Foil-print Tank (size S).

I have a few more photos, but maybe for another day. 
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I know where I will be, and am hoping to take photos and share them here. Let's just hope it's not cloudy.

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I dunno, I quite like the Dorrie skirt on you with the striped foil tank! Simple and swanky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, thatdamngreendress! Between the pencil skirts and the Dorrie, the pencil skirts always win with me. :) It is a cute one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the reviews and pics Rose! The Vineyard Pencil skirt looks lovely on you, and I also think you look great in the Dorrie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reviews. I didn't like the vineyard pencil skirt at first, but the more i see it, the prettier it is. It's very nice on you. I think the Dorrie skirt looks great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the suckered plaid shirt and agree the colors are great. I know the embroidery tank is low for you, but I like it w/the pants. Thanks for sharing pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, I like the embroidered tank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very welcome, and thanks, FFM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cleo, and thanks for visiting! The Vineyard skirt is beautiful. If you get to see the fabric up close, you will know what I mean. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi gigi! I love both the shirt and the tank. The embroidery has some nice colours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, suburban mom, and glad to see you dropped by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i love the sequin shirt! Always a fan of anything sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jess! I saw quite a few in the store, so they are not selling too fast. Check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Rose, I always enjoy noseying at changing room pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheers, T.! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the reviews! Dunno when I'll be able to hit WA next for B&M visits... :( Love the skirts on you, even the Dorrie, you look great. I had to read it 2x...the Oralie cardi is 100% polyester!? When did JC start making synthetics their principle fabric content? Oh wait...I have a couple of the Dolce sweaters which are mostly acrylic. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome, and thank you, CC! Yes, I did a double-take, and even took a photo of the label of the Oralie. I would never pay $148 for a 100% poly cardi, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for the J.Crew free shipping code. I just can't shop without it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are very welcome, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always lean towards your pencil skirts but I love the pants too!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the reviews and pictures! I quite like the color of the sequin boy shirt on you, I hope you can find your size! Also loving the plaid shirt, what gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Beth! I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're welcome, Andrea! Frankly, I am 'sequined' out for now. Maybe on super-duper sale. ;) The plaid shirt had the nicest colour combo of all the plaid shirts in the store, IMO.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.