Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Gap Puff Sleeve Denim Dress

Do not forget about the Gap Give and Get 30% off promo at the Gap, Banana Republic or Old Navy March 17-20. Ask for details in store or sign up to receive their e-mails. Five percent of the purchase is donated to their non-profit partners.

While waiting for my friend to decide on the jeans she was getting, I gave the Puff Sleeve Denim Dress a try. This is size S, tried on with and without a belt (also size S). It is sold out online, so I have no link for it. In the Canadian stores it was on sale for $49.99, and they were offering an additional discount of 25% off.

Puff Sleeve Denim Dress (similar here, here, here, here, here or here)
Skinny Laser Cut Belt (also sold out online) (similar here, here or here)

The one thing I didn't like about this dress was the shoulder pads sewn inside the sleeve. Upon closer inspection, I figured they could be easily removed since they are not sewn into the seam between the sleeve and the body of the dress.

Will you be checking out any of the Gap family of stores this weekend?



2 comments:

  1. I really need a pair of denim trousers. It's the only "hole" in my closet (I'm wearing my old ones at the moment and they've shrunk in length a smidge, enough to bug me). While Gap's wide leg jeans intrigue me, and I think I've found the right size, they still look like jeans and not trousers. Both washes are sold out online, so will have to hit a B&M to make final decision. BR has a pair online, on the US site, but it's sold out/not available in Canada.

    Of course I can lose 5 lbs and my Citizens will fit perfectly, then I wouldn't have to spring for new jeans. Hmmm.

    Love the dress on you by the way, it looks practically tailored for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To tell the truth, I am not sure I have seen any denim trousers. But then I am not looking for them either. Hope you can find some. BR in Metrotown had a lot of new loot, and the store was very orderly.The Gap, on the other hand, looked ravaged as if a hurricane had gone through it.

    More incentive to exercise then. :)

    Thanks, CC!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.