Monday, February 21, 2011

OOTD J. Crew Tweed Tatum Jacket & Silk Swathe Dress

Just wanted to share some of the goodies I got during the 40% off sale a while ago. This is the silk swathe dress. It could be longer, but since I don't walk about the office much, no one will notice how short it is. I would like to see more long-sleeved dresses at JC. Makes getting dressed less challenging in the mornings.

The jacket is the tweed tatum one, and it is currently sold out. The jacket has black, white and mauvy specks through it, so I thought this great find at one of my favourite stores, Winners, was the perfect accessory. Winners is the Canadian version of TJ Maxx, more or less. The scarf is made by Jones New York, unlike what my Polyvore set says, and it is made of viscose.

J. Crew Tweed Tatum Blazer & Silk Swathe Dress

And here's a quick photo of me wearing the above, as well as a close-up of the jacket. The black silky bottom of the skirt is not sheer. It only appears to be that way.

J. Crew Tweed Tatum Jacket (similar here and here)
J. Crew Silk Swathe Dress (similar here, here and here)
Jones New York Co. Scarf (similar here and here)

Hope everyone is having a good start of the week. Winter has decided to come back here. Tonight it  snowed. Yikes!



12 comments:

  1. Love Winners! You can get a scarf AND table lamps, all in 1 shop :) Great scarf to pick up on the purple in the tweed! Love your PV set and IRL pic! BF told me it snowed a couple of inches, depending on where you are. Drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a great store if you can stalk it regularly. Thank you! We did get some white stuff in the evening, and the parking lot was a skating rink this morning! And now it's PLUS 10. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate purple but love the violet shade of that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose, thanks for following my blog - now following yours! Also, many thanks for the question re: Vitamin C!

    I was eyeballing the JC silk swathe dress during the last promo (I think it is sold out now). Love the outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Tabitha! I like violet, but it's making my pale skin even more pale, so small doses only for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers, Louise! I like to do my research too before I use anything. :) Thanks for following!

    Watch for popbacks of the dress -- it's bound to show up again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love that jacket and bag. I'm always a huge fan of tweed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww... aren't you sweet, Beth! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am too, Jess! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.