Saturday, February 12, 2011

OOTD J. Crew Braidee Sandals & Factory Printed Skirt

OK, it's a bit of a stretch, since the temperatures outside have only peaked at plus 9 deg. C today, but I couldn't help myself from not trying on the new Braidee sandals that I acquired on the last 40% off promo (on top of the sale price). I was a bit wary of buying shoes without first trying them on, but I was pleasantly surprised to see these fitted perfectly. Normally I am an 8M in shoes. The colour is called Provence pink, but it is more of a nude with pink tones than the pink I see on my monitor. It's almost the colour of my pasty skin.

The Factory printed pencil skirt is the re-invention of the Floral Pastiche skirt form the summer of 2010, this time in cotton with 2% spandex. The top is the Gossamer wool tank and unfortunately, I discovered not one, but TWO holes in it just as I was trying it on. Since it is a final sale item, I am stuck with it and am very disappointed that I can't even wear it.

*Edited to add that I have contacted J. Crew and they have credited my card back, and also was told they will be looking for another replacement tank for me. So far I am pleased with how quickly they tried to rectify the situation.

 
 

Other lovelies to review in a future post.

Wishing all a happy Valentine's Day!

21 comments:

  1. The Braidee sandals and the skirt are very pretty. I am a big fan of the Floral Pastiche print! I am SO sorry about the tank! :( I think that J. Crew should give you a refund regardless of FS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt looks fantastic on you. I would be trying to return the tank. That's ridic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt does look beautiful on you! :)

    The tank needs to go back, regardless of whether it was marked final sale or not. No sale is final when the garment is damaged or defective. Also make sure they do not charge you for return shipping...they need to cover the expense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fabulous: I'm not sure if that's always correct...in fact, I think that because it is slightly damaged it's in Final Sale. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel. :) J.Crew isn't supposed to be selling damaged or defective clothing even in Final Sale. They supposedly stand behind the quality of their merchandise 100% and should accept any item that has holes in it, since the quality of the garment is obviously lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echoing what the others have said. Final Sale is not Defective Merch sale! I know it's a pain to deal with CS but it's your hard earned money we're talking about here. That skirt is awesome one you, the shoes are super cool too. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, ApplesandPencils! I love them too! I wrote them an e-mail to see where this goes, but won't be wasting any more time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, gigi! Looking forward to the summer now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks FFM! As I said to AandP above. I agree, Final Sale shouldn`t mean RAGS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, CC! Can`t wait for the few weeks of summer to wear these pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool Shoes--and I am a fan of the Pastiche Pattern--the skirt look fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the shoes are amazing! I love clothes with spandex - girl of the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, T.! I love them too -- the shoes, I mean... and the spandex is not bad in SMALL doses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear J. Crew refunded your money. As they should!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lady C.! I was pleased with how quickly they were on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the skirt! You look fab
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! I love the skirt! Do you think it fits true to size? I'd love to order but I'm afraid that it won't fit... J.Crew doesn't seem to fit the same across the board.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, LAPT! Thanks for visiting! I take size 2 in almost all JC sizes, and this one is also a 2. The grey Sunnie which was available in stores only was a 0. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rose: Thanks for that lovely comment, I felt as if I was being ground down in a mortar and pestle last week. Caught up in horrible dramas that aren't of my making yet are affecting every aspect of my life.
    Onwards!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.