Tuesday, February 1, 2011

J. Crew and J. Crew Factory Stripes

Last weekend a friend and I decided to take a small trip across the border for some shopping and fun. Of course I had to stop at both the crewlet and the JC store. Since I reviewed the striped jacket from Banana Republic, I figured I should also try the Maritime-striped blazer size S. 


Here's the view from the side, sleeves unrolled. They are quite long:


More stripes in this Drapey stripe pullover hoodie. The sizes run XXS to XL. I am wearing an XXS here:


More stripes in the Stripe drawstring dress size XS. Shoes are the Classic ballet flats. No clue what colour these were, but they were one half size smaller than my regular shoe size, which is 8M, usually:


And if you haven't had enough stripes, here is my favourite tank right now: the Perfect-fit henley tank in olive tree colour. This tank fitted small, so I sized up to an M from my regular size S.


Lastly, here's the crewlet version of the nautical tee (size S), but I cannot find it on the website.  The fabric is very thick and quite good quality. The pants are the Factory cropped ripstop cargo pant in British khaki colour size 2:


Check out also the Sailor sweater on gigi here.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

20 comments:

  1. Wow. You're sending this stripe-aholic into a tizzy. I'm eyeing the hoodie (but I've read on the blogosphere that the pocket is wonky, guess you lucked out and picked one that's OK) and the button back striped tee.

    Thanks for all the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the jaspe hoodie from the crewlet better. I might get that one instead. More photos to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah humbug!
    Do you have those sweets? If not that makes no sense at all. I have a terrible weakness for hoodies in winter, I love that stripey one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one stripey thing out of those so far. I thought I had passed that 'stripey' phase, and here all the retailers are, bringing them back again! Love hoodies as well, and have 3 sherpa ones and 2 thinner ones. The stripey one is more of a long-sleeved tee than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the pics Rose! What do you think of the quality on the Maritime blazer? Is it worth full-price or only a sale-price purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blazer! I love the nautical stripes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is very nice..like u!!!!jeej

    kisses
    xx
    follow u

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, FFM! The fabric is very good quality, no doubt. If you intend to wear it a lot, it might be worth the full price. Since I wouldn't, all I could hope for is that it would still be available in my size when it goes on sale. Also you may want to size down if you are more narrow in the shoulders than me. For reference, I am a 0 in the Norwood blazer, a 2 in the drapey wool Mackenzie & Ruby, and a 4 in the tweed tatum, velvet schoolboy and honey tweed ones. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers, Rachel! That kind of blazer is timeless, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, silvia, and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute tank! FYI, Land's End Canvas has a tank that's identical, but in solid colors (and on sale), if you're craving more. I have one and it's really soft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it all, especially the blazer! I probably have enough stripes in my wardrobe, but they're almost always appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, LaurenPhD, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lady C.! I know what you mean about having enough stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear fellow Canadian blogger... why the heck did you not invite me along for some cross-border shopping??!! lol!! Just teasing.

    I actually think the hoodie is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear CraftyFox: I had no idea you were a Canuck. Sorry for the omission. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stripes are everywhere right now! And I am loving it - except how many navy/black and white striped shirts can a gal have, haha?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tell me about it, Lisa! They ARE everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too went stripe crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.