Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Gap - February Edition

I haven't been to the mall in what seems to be forever, but passing by the Gap last week a pretty new sporty jacket caught my eye in the window. It's the Crinkle jacket. I am trying on an M, as there was nothing smaller in the store. I like the exposed zipper in a lighter shade of pink. The jeans are Always skinny surplus jeans in size 26R/2:

Always Skinny Surplus Jeans (here in white and in olive)

The jeans have 2 flap pockets on the front (zippers included) and 2 on the back. Detail of the jeans:


Next is the Gingham pocket shirt in Orange tried on with the Always skinny surplus jeans and Cap toe ballet flats in the same colours as the shirt. The shirt is quite sheer:


And here's the Gingham pocket shirt in navy gingham:


Lastly, I tried on the Peter Pan collar top in Wassel colour and XS:


The top has a ribbon drawstring at the back:


And here is the same top tried on with a belt which I cannot see on the website:


I also saw a few cardigans with ruffles, which I promptly ignored, and several very short skirts, such as the cute Gold skirt or the Floral skirt which I haven't tried on.


14 comments:

  1. The jacket looks cute. And the belt is great. I like the pockets on the jeans, but I never like those wrinkle swipes they put into the wash. Thanks for sharing pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the reviews. The B&M near the office was in shambles this week, things getting marked down and new items being hung up. I walked in a few steps and came right back out. Will have to revisit this week, hopefully the dust has settled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the jacket and skinny jeans, very cute on you. I popped into the Gap yesterday and picked up a plain white shirt, I saw the ruffle cardigans they were the double of J Crew's last year. What a joy it was to get out and touch real clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the crinkle jacket and the belt. I laughed at you promptly ignoring the ruffles. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi gigi! I liked them all. Lately I only try on the items that really grab me. But I agree about those stripes on jeans. I am quite capable of getting the jeans to the 'stripey' stage all by myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi CC! Be prepared - ruffle cardis are right by the entrance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi T.! Thank you! I like the jacket and the jeans too and hope for a better than 25% off sale soon. Usually the Gap doesn't disappoint in that respect. Glad you enjoyed yourself on your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ema, and thanks for visiting! I hope I didn't offend any ruffle lovers, but I have been seeing them as far as fall 2007 at Ann Taylor (I got a black velvet jacket from there then) and am quite tired of them. My friend was happy to take the jacket off my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with that belt - I'll have to keep my eye out for it! Did you like the cap-toe flats? I bought the black/ivory pair and though the fit was good, they weren't as comfy as some of the other Gap ballet flat styles for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa! It's a lovely belt! I thought the flats were comfortable, although I didn't have them on for very long. They are similar to their other city flats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the jeans, and the belt too
    xoxo
    sC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Beth! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow gap has got some great offereings this spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know, tricia! I was pleasantly surprised as well!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.