Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holiday Musings (II)

My 2-week vacation quickly coming to an end, I thought I'd post a few more photos of my time away from home. You can almost see Mont Blanc (the highest peak in Europe) in the distance in the picture.


Driving in Switzerland you have to make your way through MANY tunnels. You just hope that no accidents happen inside one, or you can be stuck in traffic for a while. Watching your speed limit is a good idea. Radar traps are everywhere and fines can be quite expensive.


I was glad I was wearing my down coat and walking booties when walking through streets like this one in Neuchatel:

Loved looking at (and tasting) goodies from pastry shops:

And loved some home cooking too. These are smoked trout appetizers made by me:

and chestnut log made by sis:

Enjoyed going out to eat a couple of times too: smoked goose breast with fig confit at the Fuchshohle restaurant in Bad Sackingen, Germany. Yes, the stove in the linked picture was loaded to the max and heating up the entire place:

Back in Lausanne for more sightseeing and a bit of shopping:

Popped inside Schilliger store to look at rows of candles, towels, bed linens and other home and garden accessories:

Castle in Grandson where sis got married a few years back:

And I just couldn't resist trying on this feather skirt in the Caroll boutique. I felt the instant need to go scratch in the dirt.

Hope your year has started well!

13 comments:

  1. Holy cow...seeing that cake makes me miss Germany. You were so lucky to be there around the holidays. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Thanks for sharing your pics. I'm just finalizing plans for my summer trip to Europe with my BF, and Lausanne is one of the stops as my sister relocated there last Spring. Can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!

    That feather skirt looks fun. I've never been to Switzerland. Not even thru an online visit. Thanks for taking me there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing more pics...makes me wish I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That trip looks and sounds spectacular! I've only ever been to Geneva and Hamburg - your pics look great, please share more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, R! Thanks also for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CC, you have to make your way to Neuchatel, Fribourg and Geneva too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you too, gigi! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi FFM! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa! Hamburg is a great place too, but I sure enjoy the French part of Switzerland a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely fabulous way to start of the new year, doll!! I was in Switzerland last summer so now my heart is yearning... ;) We had such a fun time there, and there were so many yummy things to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Foxy! I know what you mean. The SW part is my favourite place too! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you to be able to take such a wonderful trip! I read in the "J. Crew Thread" that J. Crew will be opening a store in Toronto--I don't know if you are near there or not--hopefully you are! smile

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.