Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Braving The Elements

I spent most of last week getting over jet lag and a nasty cold/flu. I am glad I am over both. And this week I am out there again in the Alberta cold. On Monday evening I visited with my cousin. When I told her "I don't know how you guys do it, living in this cold (it was minus 18 degrees Celsius)," she answered: "this is warm. Last week it was minus 30 Celsius." Yikes.

I managed to take a few pictures of the beautiful  mountains surrounding the Bow Valley, but since I only had the blackberry with me, no photos of my OOTD. Here is a very close Polyvore of what I wore today. I couldn't find an image of the J. Crew Ryder Hobo in cabernet, so I used a similar colour bag for it.

Braving The Elements

In this set:
  • Mexx coat I blogged about before
  • J. Crew Matchstick Vintage Cords (similar here)
  • J. Crew Camofleur Tee (on sale here)
  • J. Crew Factory Scarf (similar here)
  • J. Crew Dream Zip Henley (similar here)
  • Prada sunglasses (similar here)
  • Ryder Hobo (similar here and here)
  • Clarks Privo Booties (available here)
And here are a couple of the photos I took. It didn't matter it was extremely cold. The sunshine and blue skies made up for it:


And here's the dessert I had at dinner tonight in the Flatiron Grill restaurant, which I always check out when I come here:

Chocolate & Hazelnut Creme Brulee

This was definitely among the top 3 creme brulees I ate in my life...  and I had quite a few so far.

Hope your week is going well so far!

12 comments:

  1. You're lucky you're coming this week, it's actually warming up to near freezing. It was truly NASTY last week. Love your set, all the lovely greys and pinks together. Enjoy your visit to AB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brulee looks fantastic! Seems like a great trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, CC! I am not so sure. I had to take 'the drive' again. Not fun. Going back tonight already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be, Rachel, if it was summer and if it wasn't work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great outfit! Especially love those shoes...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh creme brûlée. I love that first tap tap tap, crack - oh I could eat it right now for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi T.! Yes, I know what you mean... me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Creme Brulee and that looks amazing...Like tabitha stated,the best part is tap,tap,tap,crack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jordyn! Agreed! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clothes, love the mountain pics and I'm with you---finally over the jet lag. YEAH!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Beth! It was easier coming back West, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.