Friday, January 28, 2011

Banana Republic Stop - January

I haven't had much time lately to check anything other than the J. Crew sale section, and we all know how consuming stalking that place is. The other night I stopped in BR on the way home to see what is new there, and found a few things. First off is this cute Striped Jacket linen/cotton 55/45 which comes in sizes 00 to 16 for regular sizes:


Second is the Textured Collarless Jacket (cotton/viscose/acrylic/other 75/13/11/1), also in sizes 00 to 16 for the regular sizes:


Close-up of the sleeve:

The cami I am wearing in the photos is the Erica Lace Front in the New Bamboo colour.  It's a mix of rayon/tencel/cotton/spandex 49/26/18/7 and has adjustable straps:


I love the BR shirts, and this Button-back one in Blackberry Cream is no exception:

Loved the detail on the back, except trying to take a photo of it was trickier than I thought:

And lastly, the Xiomara High-heeled Pumps in Fossil colour were quite comfortable to walk in. They fitted slightly bigger than my regular size 8M:




I also really liked the look of the  Lyons Pump in Cedar Wood colour:


as well as the one of the Lalita Cut-out Peep-toe also in Fossil colour


and that of the Dagmar Peep-toe Pump in Sandalwood or Mushroom:


And here's a little song inspired by Appgal's post. Doesn't she look cute?


Hope everyone is having a smashing weekend!


23 comments:

  1. The lace-front tank is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the tank, and the stripey jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, love it! Thanks :)

    I reeeally like that striped jacket. Looks like a perfect, lightweight piece for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the striped jacket! I have to say, BR has disappointed me a lot the past year but the one thing they have stepped up is there shoes. I've bought a few pairs of heels from them this past year and they are surprisingly really comfy and well padded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh thanks for those! I want a striped blazer and I'm trying to decide whether to go with the BR one or the J. Crew one. How did you find the material?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sleeves are to die for, and I adore the second last pump!!

    Hope you're having a smashing weekend too, doll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like everything in this post, especially the jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tank as well, Rachel & Dani! The jacket is also great piece. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're very welcome, Appgal! Yes, the stripes, the fabric, they've got it covered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by! I haven't had the chance of trying their shoes on before November of last year when they opened a huge store in the area. They have a lot of nice ones out there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, cardiganista! Thanks for popping in! Both would be very nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Foxy! I loved the details of the second jacket a lot too! Wish I could try all the pumps as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked them too, Lady C.! They look even better IRL. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luve the Plum Sateen shirt--and the Xiomara Heels are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the striped blazer- I was in the store on Friday night and the fabric felt great (I didn't try it on since I just got a lovely J Crew blazer!).

    I also love the new mixed media cami- silk blue and white ikat print on the front, cotton grey and white striped on the back- really luxurious silk. Bought it actually, given the 30% promo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was curious about the blazer. Thanks for sharing pics. The lace tank looks great on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that lace front tank too!!! It could be worn with so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi yogagirl! I had a feeling you would like that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thatdamngreendress, thanks for visiting! I loved the fabric of that blazer too! Enjoy your new tank! I should try it next time I am in there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cheers, gigi! I guess I should go get me that tank then. Almost everyone seems to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi tricia! Agreed -- it's very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that textured jacket! And the last pair of pumps are too die. BTW I ordered threelac
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love them all, Beth! Glad you did. Hope it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.