Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Musings (I)

If there's one thing I could never tire of when I visit Europe is coffee. Even the average eatery will serve you a good freshly brewed cup of espresso or coffee.

I was glad I was wearing my thick down coat and my Privo booties while taking walks on the cobblestone streets in Germany or the frigid shores of Lac de Neuchatel.

Street in Bad Sackingen

Lac Neuchatel at Grandson
 
And in true Rose fashion, I had to hit a couple of stores to see what is brewing out there.

This was quite interesting to see: shirt cuffs in a different colour on the inside, folded, and then the sleeve folded once more to achieve the following look:
Shirt cuffs
No words required:
Poofy Sleeves

Yes, those are ruffles. It seems they are here to stay:

More Ruffles

Street One Velvet Jacket with Ruffles

Things are not as drab as they seem. I had my camera set on  the 'colour accent' setting and by the time I noticed, we were out of the area with the stores and didn't dare go back to take new photos as some of the SAs had already given me the dirty eye. Next time I will try to be more careful and inconspicuous.


I hope the last few days of 2010 find you all well.

8 comments:

  1. Down coats are a must have in my closet. I love the color and look of yours. I'm glad you're having a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the fashions, guess I won't be getting rid of my ruffles any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pics Rose! It sounds like you are having a really wonderful time! :) Have a very fun, safe, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jess, and a happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Patina! It's been great so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers, FFM! Have a happy, healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh we're almost neighbours!
    Funny, when I'm on your side of the pond, you can't get me out if coffee shops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, T., told you I'd buy you a coffee if you stick around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.