Saturday, December 18, 2010

Banana Republic - December Edition

It's a bit late, as most of the items have been out a while, but with the travelling and the work, I haven't been able to check stores out lately. Plus I try to avoid the malls like the plague this time of year. Most parking lots are overflowing, and people are just plain rude sometimes. So much for the Christmas spirit!

So here are some items I checked out on my way home from work last night. First is the new Double-faced Wool Short Coat in Dusty Grey and size S. It runs XS to XL and it is 90% wool and 10% nylon. It's beautiful and it feels soft and luxurious on. I liked the first photo better. The skirt is the Ruffle Pencil Skirt in black and size 2. It comes in sizes 00 to 16 and it has a zipper that runs from the waist all the way to the hem.

 


Below I am trying on a Lace and Silk top in XS. I don't even see this item on the website. The skirt is the Crushed Roses Mini Skirt in black silk and size 2. This skirt comes in sizes 00 to 16, as well as in Petite and Tall sizes.  I loved the skirt detail and too bad it is so dang short!

Lastly I tried on the Sequin Twist-Neck Tank  also in XS. This top comes in sizes XS to XL and two colours: Sisal and Navy. The sequins are very nicely secured on, but the fabric is polyester. The skirt is the Stretch Textured Pencil Skirt, which I blogged about before here, but this one is in a beige colour.

Other things that caught my eye and thought are nice for the holidays:
Jeweled Wristlet

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!

6 comments:

  1. The lace and silk tank looks just like Jcrew's lace tee, doesn't it? I want the tee and plan to pick it up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish BR tops weren't so low cut because that makes them difficult/impossible for me to wear. But I like everything you tried on, and I especially like that teardrop sequin clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Patina, it does. You will like it, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lady C., unless you wear an XS, they are quite low cut, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore the Jacket and zip skirt, very classic with an edge!!

    I have a New Giveaway from My Sparrow, do come and enter!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karena! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be right over! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.