Thursday, November 18, 2010

Winter (!%*%!#!&!) Wonderland

These past few days I braved the Alberta cold. This is what the road looked like on the way to Bow Valley. No worries, my co-worker was driving while I was taking pictures.

And then we drove up the mountain:


But I was prepared. The week before my friend dragged me to the mall near us and we walked into the Tommy Hilfiger store. There I saw a lovely down coat in white colour but unfortunately it was the last one, and it was too large for me.


And then just as I was waiting to go home already, I popped into the Mexx store, where I found love at first sight:

J. Crew Dream Zip Henley (similar here)

This baby didn't let me down. And now that I am back home, they announced snow here too. HUH?



10 comments:

  1. WOW that was a serious storm!!! Glad you have something to keep you warm!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was only the beginning... the return trip was nasty. Thanks! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a laugh out of the title of your post. Oh, my goodness, so different from the weather where I live, where's it's still hot in the afternoon and I'm in short sleeves. I like your coat - looks pretty and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I just about froze my $#@ off when I walked one block in my short coat yesterday, so today I caved and wore my knee length parka. Good thing you found your coat, just in time. Sure is pretty, all that snow... not fun to drive around in though! Hope things don't get messy at home this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Such a difference from here where it's been in the 80's (ugh). I'm glad you were able to find your coat, and I love the color of it, too (doesn't hurt that it actually keeps you warm either, no?). Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lady C.! I envy you. Thanks... I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CC, you won't believe how happy I was when I saw the coat! I could withstand that -14, but up on the mountain the winds were howling. I bet it was about -25 there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FFM, I envy you too. Thanks, I love the colour too. It's more of an off-white with a slight metallic sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, look at all of that snow! Glad your new coat kept you warm and toasty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi My4Boys! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.