Monday, November 22, 2010

Talbots Again

I've been wanting to try the Grace Fit Double-breasted Velveteen jacket for a while now and last weekend I finally managed to do so. This is a 4P, and I loved it!

Next was the Blackwatch Plaid Straight Skirt. This is an adorable piece and I could use it right about now, as we are battling freezing temperatures. It's made of wool/nylon/alpaca/mohair. I am trying on a 4P, and the fit is quite generous:

Since I am in search of more skirts this winter, I thought I'd give the  Windowpane skirt a try as well. Also a 4P, this one fits even larger than the previous one. I'm not crazy about it.

And since I mentioned this dress back in October here, I thought I should give it a try as well. Again a 4P, the top part fitted lovely, while the bottom felt large on me:


Talbots has a special going on right now - 25% off full price items exp. Nov. 29. You have to print out  the e-mail before you go into the store, as I asked the SA for the discount and she asked that I bring the printout. It didn't dawn on me that I could have opened my e-mail in the store and shown the code to her. Duh! Now I have to go back, but that's OK, as I will definitely find more goodies to try on.



20 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like everything you tried on! Particularly the plaid dress...I have been staring at it on the website way to much, but was worried it might look like wrapping paper! It looks adorable on you though!

    Will hopefully be going to the mall to pick up some boots I ordered...a talbots stop is in order I think. They just have too many great dresses.

    Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both skirts...too bad they were large on you. Are you going to try sizing down?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything you tried on! I've been wearing 2P in Talbots skirts, so maybe you could size down? The ruby color of the velveteen jacket is so gorgeous IRL, thanks for trying on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews, thanks for all the pics. That jacket is calling my name. Have a doc's appt in the mall this weekend (back home) so will have to sidetrack to Tal's for a look-see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, cardiganista! I am certain you will find something nice there. Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Lady C.! Love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FFM, I loved the mohair one... it felt so cozy! I am definitely going to look for a smaller size.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi shopwithm! I will try to find a 2P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, CC! If I see you near the jacket rack I might just recognize you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the dresses that fit me on top bag at the hips, it drives me nuts. I love seeing the Talbot's catalogue come to life, ta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. T., I have the same problem, unless I wear a completely straight dress, like the turtleneck sweater dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That jacket is fabulous!! Hope you are having a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting, OneCraftyFox!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Velveteen Jacket looks PERFECT on you!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too my FASHIONISTA Bloggie friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that dress! Perfect for holiday parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, yogagirl! We had our Thanksgiving in October already! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting, Moonlight Serenade!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The color of that jacket is great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it too, jadore! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.