Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Gap Stop - November

On my Talbots trip I also popped into the Gap store and found a couple of items that caught my eye. First it was the Boucle Wrap Jacket in Dark Charcoal size S. Sizes XS to XXL are available, as well as Soft Brown colour. It is currently on sale.

The shawl collar felt a bit overwhelming and wasn't sure what to do with it, so I pinned it:


The other item I tried on was this cute Alpaca Blend Shawl Collar cardigan. This is also size S, but sizes XS to XXL are available, as well as colour Charcoal. It felt nice and soft, the fit was perfect, but was surprised to see it has 70% acrylic content. The rest is 25% alpaca and 5% wool.


Other Gap goodies I would like to try on but were not yet in the store are the Velvet Blazer:


And, of course, the Sequin Skirt

A sequin skirt for under $50? This I ought to see. Stay tuned.

The Gap 'Give & Get' 30% off is on again November 11-14. Also applies to Banana Republic and Old Navy.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics! That Double-knit alpaca blend cardigan looks promising. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the sequin skirt. Did you snap a pic by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FFM! Thanks for stopping by! There was no skirt in the store yet, otherwise I would have tried it on for sure. It seems the Canadian stores don't get the products as quickly as the US ones do. I will check soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Collette! It's nice, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not feeling the first 2 items. The alpaca blend cardi catches my eye, nice pick. Yes! Please post pics when you get to try on the sequin skirt! Raspberry to the other retailer for charging ridiculous sums on something you'd only wear once or twice a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi CC! The second cardi I tried is really quite nice, esp. in the other grey colour. I am not keen on so much acrylic though.

    Like you said... to the one that shall remain unnamed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'll have to go check out their new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Moonlight Serenade! Thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wrap sweater looks so practical and cozy, and I'm drooling over the Sherpa Moto!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi OneCraftyFox! I am looking forward to that one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the alpaca cardi...oh, and I am mourning my flip flops and cargo shorts...not wearing them :)We had snow this week! Thanks for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, Monogramgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the skirt but they are all cute
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheers, Beth! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the 1st wrap sweater jacket. I saw it and it looked cozy but it was too high up for me to reach & try on. Thanks for sharing the pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by, gigi!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.