Saturday, November 27, 2010

Banana Republic & Zara

Here's BR's version of the shirred cardigan, called Grosgrain Shirred Placket cardigan. The grey one is S, while the navy blue is an M. They have a nice length and are 100% merino wool.
 

This was the Textured Mini Skirt. I knew it was VERY short, so I sized up to a 4 and wore it lower. It is 77% polyester and 23% rayon. The colour says Purple, but it was more of a navy blue than purple.
Textured Mini Skirt

Non-Iron Fitted Sateen shirt size 2. I should have tried a 4, but there wasn't one. The colour and sheen are much nicer than my pic shows. This shirt comes in 4 colours: White, Black, Dark Pewter (photo) and Purple Crown, as well as in Petite and Tall sizes. The fabric is substantial (97% cotton, 3% Lycra) and I dare say it is nicer than my J. Crew Stretch Perfect shirt. If you buy 2 or more, they only cost $49 each (as opposed to $59.50 regular price).


Crinkled Athena dress. It looked and felt like silk, but it's 100% polyester. The colour is Neutral Twig. I don't know, but only a twig would look good in this. I didn't feel fabulous at all in it.

The SA insisted I try the sweater dress below in XS. I think an S would look better with the Minnie pants or leggings.

Sweater Dress
and maybe with this:


Boucle Pencil skirt which I already tried in an earlier post, but this time in size 4 and with a cute silk top in size 2 that I do not see on the website yet:


And then I popped into Zara where I found this flower dress in black and in an off-white colour. It has hundreds of small roses on it. For some reason I liked the off-white better (maybe because it is a tad longer):

Zara Dress

When I walked out the BR store, the SA handed me a strip of coupons good for the next 3 Saturdays starting next week, and valued at 35% off. Cuurrently they have a 25% off promotion until Sunday. I can wait.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


14 comments:

  1. Love that textured mini - such a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt. Thanks for the reviews!

    Come by and enter my giveaway for some beautiful jewelry if you like:
    http://elizabethscake.blogspot.com/2010/11/artwark-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The long shirred cardi in navy with the black trim is so pretty - and looks really good on you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess! Thanks for stopping by! It is a cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, you're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, and thanks! The cardi looks nicer IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that skirt!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Dylana! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with Lisa -- the navy/black shirred cardigan is lovely on you.

    That crinkled dress.... yeesh. I can't imagine that would look good on anyone.

    As always, thanks for sharing your pics and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Andrea! I thought the Athena dress had some potential -- just not on me, obviously. :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of it - particularly the grey shirred cardigan (and even the Athena dress).

    I like BR's Non-iron shirts - I find they are actually non-iron (unlike J. Crew's button fronts which send me into ironing convulsions) but I should have sized up for gaping issues - I sewed in small snaps instead which fixes the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Cardiganista! I like the shirred cardi quite a bit -- it has a lengthening effect.

    I am sold on the grey coloured non-iron shirt and am planning to get it on the next 35 or 40% off sale. The fabric is beautiful! I should have tried it with a smaller piece of undergarment, if you get my drift. I am sure it would fit fine then. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.