Sunday, November 14, 2010

Banana Republic Stop - November

A BR 'Collection' store opened in our city so of course I had to check it out. First off I tried the Heritage Zip-Front Shirtdress size 2. It runs 00 to 16 for regular sizes. This is one of the several silk shirt dresses BR did quite nicely this year.

Next off I tried the Silk Medallion Shell in Pale Purple size XS. This top is adorable:  fabric pattern, cut, the cute buttons down the front. It looks much better tucked in.

The following couple of pics I took a while ago and never got around to posting them. First off I tried on the Bouclé Pencil Skirt in Cocoon colour and size 2. It also comes in Black, sizes 00 to 16 for regular sizes. What can I say? This is probably the nicest pencil skirt I tried this season. It is a bit snug, so perhaps sizing up would work better. It's a rayon/wool 60/40 mix. The top is the Silk Beaded Chain Tank size S, 100% silk. It runs XS to XL.



Also tried a new cardigan called Embellished Sweater Jacket. It has a nice silver detail that is not very visible in the photo on the website. The skirt is the Stretch Textured Pencil Skirt I blogged about before.


Have you taken advantage of the Give and Get discounts offered at this family of stores this weekend? If not, no worries. It seems you can always count on a sale at BR, the Gap or ON, which is nice for us. I got coupons for my next purchases from both BR and the Gap, one for 35% off, and the other for 40% off. 

18 comments:

  1. I like the silk medallion shell, very nice! Banana Republic clothes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has been totally begging me for a shirtdress....she picks one up in every store she goes into!!!

    this looks adorable!!

    Stop by and say Hello♥

    I’m an MTV Style Blogger of the Week!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardigan and pencil skirt. Ivory and silver grey are my favourite shades. Snap up that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lady Cardigan! I agree... they have had some very nice clothes lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi T.! So many skirts, so little time! I want the Talbots one first, although this one would be more versatile come spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Collette! Love all the shirt dresses I tried this fall too, so I can see where Chloe is coming from. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit with the white skirt is perfect! So cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Moonlight Serenade! The skirt is the nicest I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress shirt is to die for!! You look fabulous in everything :) I'm not familiar with the Give and Get coupons. I'm in Canada, maybe we don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi OneCraftyFox! Thank you!... you are kind. I am in Canada too. Sign up for e-mails from the Gap and BR and you will start receiving them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't shopped at BR in a really long time bc I can't ever seem to find pieces that I am in love it so that means nowadays I don't really know what they are carrying. I love your reviews of the Gap family brands bc now I think I may need to give BR another chance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Lisa! I think they are doing cardis and jackets just as well as other well-known retailers, and so far I haven't been over-exposed to sequins and ruffles at these stores. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the shirt dress. Love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Jess! One of my favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the great pictures and reviews! I really need to be better about keeping up with blogs.. I *almost* placed an order for that cream boucle pencil skirt during the give and get promo but held off because I hadn't seen a review of it yet. Now that I know you like it, I'll definitely be watching for another sale or promo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea, I just got a promo offer from the Gap/BR/ON - read on the side panel. I am convinced you will like that skirt! It's on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! That Banana Heritage Shirtdress is awesome! You look fantastic in that! I'm soooo jealous!!! smile

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is lovely, isn't it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.