Tuesday, October 12, 2010

J. Crew - October Edition (I)

Arlyn cardigan (S size, merino wool) fits TTS. A bit pricey at $178, but it's all those flat ring sequins that adorn it that make it different. The sequins are applied on a layer of chiffon.

Arlyn Cardigan
Tissue Tonal Ruffle Tank (similar here or here)

Dream Zip Henley in Heirloom Pink and XS. Priced at $98. It's very nice and soft. Wool/nylon/cashmere blend. See it on Ema here. The pants are the Bi-Stretch Wool Minnies in black and size 2. See them here on Gigi. These pants fit tighter than the Cotton Twill Minnies which I blogged about here.  The shoes are Bronson Suede Platform Booties in black. They fit TTS. Usually I take 8M in shoes, and these fit perfectly. They have a zipper at the back.


The next 2 sweaters were a big "HUH?" The first one is a double zip cardigan in M. Audrey blogged about it here. It is called Colour-Blend Montreaux cardigan and it is priced at $88. The one I have in the first photo is a Medium and it fits huge. It is a pink(ish) colour (Heather Mauve) and I had hopes it would go nicely with my new Loft skirt. However, it's not a pure wool sweater and I found quite itchy. Also the zipper goes all around the neck, and am afraid it would damage whatever garment I would wear underneath the sweater. The Small in the second photo fits better, but I am still not pleased with it.

The Long-Sleeve Stretch Perfect shirt is an XS and Warm Pebble colour and fits well... perfectly! :)



The sweater below was a metallic silver in S and seems an in-store only item. It also fits huge and also found it quite itchy, and is it just me, or do those pockets seem a bit disproportionate in comparison to the rest of the sweater? Forgot how much it costs, but who cares, since I doubt anyone will want to buy this! The Palmilla Lace skirt is beautiful and I could see myself wearing this in my regular size. I tried a size 4, the smallest in the store, and it fit quite large and long. For reference, I am 5'6".

Metallic Sweater (similar here)

I have more pics of sweaters coming up in a future post.


27 comments:

  1. love that zip henley sweater on you! and i totally agree about those other too sweaters! the sizing looks way off! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on the metallic sweater. I think those would be considered coin pockets, but yes, they are out of proportion with the sweater. Like you, i find metallic sweaters itchy. This one must be very itchy since you mentioned it its itchiness a couple of times :) Hehe. I'm very sensitive to wool, metallic, and will stay away from this one. :)

    Thanks for the reviews. Very helpful. Did you pick up anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ashley! Looking back, I should have gotten the zip henley sweater with the 30% off promo! Maybe on my next trip, and in another colour...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cleo! 'Coin pockets' is right. Oops! Didn't mean to mention the itchiness twice, but obviously it bothered me a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that henley sweater! Crazy sizing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose, did you find the Arrow sweater jacket itchy? I noticed that in the charcoal color it was itchier than the non-heathered colors. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried on that zip-around sweater, too, and was not impressed. Everything you are wearing in the second picture looks great on you -- I hope you brought something home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the first sweater..super shiny:)

    Stop by and Say Hello
    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first sweater above is so adorable! I noticed in the recent catalog this cardigan in the girls/crew cuts size and thought "I wish they made some of these for us BIG girls!" I guess they have! I love it! Thanks for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Cleo above: I never tried the Arrow sweater, because it just didn't 'speak' to me. I know it is a darling with other JCAs but I didn't even try it. So you may want to ask another blogger about the fit and feel of that one.

    Oh, and BTW, I was already shopped out by the time I got to JC and only picked up the perfect shirt. I got a few nice pieces at the Loft (pants, which fit me perfectly each time, skirt, jewelry).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Andrea! I did, although not much. The Loft had 40% off last week, so guess where I left my $$?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Collette! It's gorgeous, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for chiming in, Suzy, and glad you found something you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are good to see. :) I do love the first cardi on you...very pretty, in my opinion.

    The palmilla fits me in a four, and I am normally a 6-8, so clearly this is a way size down kind of skirt. I hope you can grab it in your size!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that second look!! I just want to crawl into that sweater it looks so comfy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I am one of the few people who like the JC Dream sweaters - granted, I agree, I don't like them so much after a couple of wears, but they feel so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dina! I liked it too! The skirt is nice, and I think a smaller and shorter one should look ok.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jess! Hi Lisa! Yes, the dream henley is very comfy and cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the reviews. I don't like that zipper cardigan since I am so afraid it will snag anything including my hair. I also found metallic garments to be itchy. I got my daughter a metallic striped tights last winter from crewcuts, and I felt so bad since I didn't know it was itching her after few hours she was complaining she didn't want to ever wear them.
    That lace skirt is so pretty...it's in my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Tricia! I love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi jcrewphd! The zipper felt really strange around the neck, that's for sure. Sorry to read about your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi! thank you for for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

    i really LOVE that dream zip henley cardi on you, and the booties are hot. i'm still shopping around for some myself...

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're very welcome, OneFashionistDiva! Thanks for stopping by.

    Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated Thanksgiving! Looks like you had a great weekend shopping and trying-on. Love the first cardi. What crazy sizing! If it wasn't for other bloggers how would we ever be able to find anything at JC???

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really like the dream zip henley. It's really flattering on you!

    Jiye
    http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you too, CC! The shopping was last week. I agree about the sizing.... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, PearlsAndGreenTea! Now I'm having second thoughts... hmmmmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.