Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gap Jackets

This year I want to get a nice down jacket as they are predicting a cold winter, but I can't seem to decide which one. I have been looking at the Long-Belted Puffer Coat (128USD or 148CAD) on the US Gap website for a while and finally it made its way into our stores.  It comes in 3 colours: Black, Expedition Gray and Taproot. Below is Expedition Gray size S. The coat itself is extremely light, but I still felt like the Michelin man wearing it.
    

Here's the Taproot colour, and may I add, it's nothing like what I see on the website:


The Lightweight Puffer Vest (59.50USD or 79.50CAD) felt better. This one is the Wild Cherry colour, but it also comes in True Black, Silver Gray, Navy Uniform and Brown Mustard.


Gap's version of the Striped Boatneck T  (34.50USD or 39.50USD) is made of very thick, good quality cotton and has 3 tiny buttons on the left shoulder. This one is an M as all the S sizes were sold out in the store, but it would work if you prefer one that's a bit more roomy.


Also Gap's version of the Tweed Moto Jacket   (89.50USD or 110CAD) is a fun piece as well. The quality of the pics is not very good, but you get the idea about the fit (size S).

Tweed Moto Jacket


The poster you see behind me on the wall is for the Sprize card. It is free and you can get special offers through it. Right now in Canada you can get 20% off for purchases of $50+ or 30% off for purchases of $75+. Offer is good through tomorrow.

Other coats to consider:
The challenge is finding one that won't make you look like you are about to roll down the street. :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!









15 comments:

  1. Argh, I almost got the moto jacket last week when Gap was having that 20% (I think?) sale - argh, you are making me regret not biting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose....what a cute little puffer coat....looks really warm and long enough to keep that dang wind from whipping!!

    Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, get a Sprize card. You may be able to get the moto jacket even cheaper with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Collette! The coat is nice and warm all right!... no wind going through that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pics Rose! I have a puffer coat from Gap that I picked up last year on sale and love it. It's different from this year's version, though...comes with a hood and no belt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coat is a little disappointing eh? I've been looking for a down coat too...I have accepted that wool coats just can't possibly be warm enough when I'm out with the dog. The ones at Lands End look really nice...particularly the Chevron Coat and the Luxe Down Coat. I'm worried to order for sizing, but have been contemplating it. They always have great sales too so probably could find the coats for about $100 US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi FFM! I would prefer a hood on my coat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen the LE ones but I will take a look. Ask CS for measurements. I am suspecting you would an XS or a S at the most. The Gap coat is light and warm and you may like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the puffer vest!! Gap's striped boatneck shirt is a total winner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rose: I was in the Gap last week and tried on the puffers too but had no love for them. Try Eddie Bauer. They have a free ship with outerwear promo running right now. I would think an "outdoor outfitter" would do this kinda thing a bit better. Good luck with your search. BTW, I got a Spivak coat, with Thinsulate linin, from Plenty last year and I love it. Plenty always have great coats, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tricia! I may go for the pink puffer vest next time they have a sale. In the meantime, I need to solve the coat dilemma. :)

    Hi CC! I was in EB the week before and nothing really caught my eye. I should try again. I will check out Plenty on my lunch break one of these days too. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reviewing these...I'm so looking for a new winter coat.
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by, Kristina!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally loving the tweed jacket. And check out my blog post for today... there's a sale on outerwear at Banana Republic, but only through midnight tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Jess! Unfortunately not for Canucks!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.