Friday, October 1, 2010

Banana Republic - October Edition

I entered BR the other day and everything on the racks was pretty much new stock! And of course, what catches my eye? This gorgeous Houndstooth jacket. It is priced at $275 in Canada, but don't see it on either the US or Cdn website.

Similar here, here and WAY more pricey here, but why would you?

I WANT IT. It's 100% wool and it fits perfectly.  It has large snap closures and one black button visible underneath the "pp" in the watermark in the photo above. And as the label reads, it is made from Italian wool.



Another piece that caught my eye is the Textured Zip Coat. No S size in the store, so the M I tried on was a bit too roomy. It's 95% wool/5% nylon, runs XS to XL.

Textured Zip Coat (similar here and here)

The Wool Sweater Blazer (size S) is another beautiful cardigan with a silk trim. Size XS to XL, priced at $130 ($160).  The photos don't do it justice. You really have to see this in person. Still, a bit pricey in my opinion.
Next is this double-breasted Fair Isle Sweater Jacket.


Also "made from Italian" yarn. However, I checked the yarn, and it is 45% acrylic, 40% alpaca and 15% wool. 

Lastly, I tried on the Tabbed Military Sweater Jacket in Gray Heather. It runs XS to XL, it is a lambswool/cashmere blend and can be also handwashed! It's definitely a cute piece, however, when I wanted to open the snaps I needed to apply extra force to pull them apart. I was afraid they might rip the sweater.


The blouse is the Silk Origami Blouse in Dusty Rose. It also comes in Dark Pewter and Cocoon colours and in sizes XS to XL.





19 comments:

  1. Thanks for these reviews - the houndstooth and the textured zip coats are both yummy! I haven't bought anything from BR in a looooong time - but I need to check those coats out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the textured zip coat and the wool tipped sweater! Thanks for the post! I need to step into BR this weekend and take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE BR...these jackets are great!!


    Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. BR is getting some nice pieces this season. I like the houndstooth jacket and it can be worn two ways. I like the military sweater jacket and the silk blouse. Thanks for these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, thanks for visiting! Yes, the 2 jackets really appealed to me too! They are coming out with some nice pieces this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi yogagirl! You won't be disappointed... there's a lot of stuff I haven't even had the time to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Collette! Thanks for visiting! I'm beginning to like them again, especially since they always have a sale going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, jcrewphd, and thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all those pictures - I absolutely love the Fair Isle Sweater Jacket...do you by chance remember the Canadian price? It's not popping up on BR Canada yet. Probably high since its $140 US.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the military jacket! Love the cut and the detailing.

    Hope you had an enjoyable weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...I love the Fair Isle sweater jacket. Been searching for something like that. Do you remember how much it was?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cardiganista & PearlsAndGreenTea, thanks for stopping by. Sorry, I had a photo of the price label but it came out blurry. It may have been $160 or 175Cdn. It's pretty, but it has a relatively high Acrylic content -- not sure you noticed that. I would for a sale on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jess! Yes, that piece is a fun one! Thanks, and hope you had the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the reviews/pics. Dangerous for me to step foot inside any store right now ;P Love the military cardi & the houndstooth. I hear the Metrotown store is getting the "concept" treatment. It'll be one of 7 in North America. Can't wait to see when the renos are done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi CC! I was in that store late last week. They will have Collection items, I was told. The allocated space is huge, from what I have been able to see. It was the only BR store where the clothes were not a complete mess. I cannot begin to tell you about the Richmond store where I was almost ambushed by some extremely pushy women!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That houndstooth is beautiful. I went last night to try on some pumps but I didn't see it. I did see the military one and was so tempted to buy it!

    besos,

    Win a Banana Republic Statement Necklace at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the fair isle sweater jacket. Very cute. The wool sweater blazer is cute, too. I recvd the origami blouse today in the pink color and it is quite similar to JC's wild mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 20 York Street, it may already be sold out. The last store I was in had only ONE left.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi gigi! Yes, they are both very nice pieces. Loved the origami blouse as well.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.