Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Banana Republic - October Edition (II)

Visited BR last week and found a few new items I liked. First, I was somehow attracted to this Wool Military jacket ($150), which has the same unfinished edges as the Herringbone Military jacket I blogged about here. It looks really good with the Stretch Wool Pencil skirt I got last month about which I blogged about here, as well as with the Liz Plaid skirt ($79.50) below. The skirt is knitted rather than woven and because of that it is soft instead of rigid. It felt great to have it on.
Liz Lace Ribbed Tank
Close-up of the skirt:


Liz Plaid Skirt
Detail of the jacket:

Briana jacket ($130) was also another good fitting jacket in glen plaid.


The Military Long Wool coat ($250) was a really nice looking piece (in Camel colour here). It might just be the Camel coat of the season in my opinion. On the website it says it hits at the knee. It hit just above mine.


The Bouclé Zip jacket ($198) was another good looking jacket in the style of the Houndstooth jacket I blogged about here. It seems Banana Republic has had a lot of jackets this fall, and all very well made.

The Double Cable Placket Shrug ($140) in Medium Gray Heather and S. Also comes in Purple Plum and it is a wool/cashmere blend with some other fibers. It felt good wearing it, but I am not sure I would be willing to pay full price for it.

The Ruffle Tie Cardigan ($98) in Heather Charcoal and S. Also comes in black.This cardigan is very thin and light. I loved the V accent and the tie.


The top below is the Ruffle-Front Cap Sleeve shell ($69. 50) is made of silk and was one of the few tops that fitted me so well this year. The skirt is the Jen Tweed Mini skirt and it is a tad on the short side for me ($79.50).

 
Ruffle-Front Cap Sleeve Shell
Jen Tweed Mini Skirt

I am waiting for my next Banana Republic coupon to go shopping. The coupons are usually for 30 or 40% off. It shouldn't be too long. I get those by e-mail, so make sure you sign up for them.




9 comments:

  1. I love all of those on you! So many of my co-workers have gotten the double cable placket shrug, it's so cute.

    I actually didn't make that 'lust list', I got it from one of my favorite sites called The Daily Obsession. http://thedailyobsession.net/ They make them or every month and there always really fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....that military jacket is really to die for...that could be the "go to" coat all winter!!

    Enter my Fab Tulle Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi rose,
    first time posting but have been reading your blog since you started.
    I bought the long military coat in camel yesterday. The color is great and i love the slight military vibe. It seems to be very well made although it is quite thin. I like that it is no double breasted and no belt to fiddle with.
    I was hesitant, I guess just because I don't buy much from BR. But I tried it at home and it works with everything I have.
    Surprisingly, although it fits slim I was able to easily layer sweaters under, even J Crew's Arrow sweater.
    I bought it with 25% off and $20 reward card so I am happy with the price but you can probably get it with 30% or 40% off.
    I actually was given 2 coupons for 30% off entire purchase at the register.
    I may use it for one of the sweaters if they drop in price: Drop cable open cardigan in oatmeal, Textured belted cardigan or V-neck cable tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks as always for the great reviews! That plaid skirt is FAB.... I might just have to go looking for it :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Moonlight Serenade! I can see why they got that sweater. It's quite flattering IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Collette! I liked it the best of all the camel coats this season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ajc! Thanks for stopping by! I have bought quite a bit of stuff from BR lately. The quality is good and they have incredible sales others just can't seem to be able to match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea! You will like it, I'm sure. It's a fun skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOHHH I am loving that camel military coat!! It is just gorgeous!
    Love the blog!

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.