Monday, September 27, 2010

Seeing Red At The Gap

Earlier today I made my way to Banana Republic to get the Merino Cardigan in Rust colour which I blogged about here. The only size S left in the store has been worn -- and I am not talking tried on -- but visibly worn -- wrinkles on the sleeves, and pockets bulging as if someone kept their hands in them an entire day. I take it to the SA and asked if they have another one, as I would like to purchase it. The SA says "no, sorry, this is the last one." He is not offering to get it for me from another store and proceeds to take the USED sweater and put it back on the rack. I walked out, as I figured I would probably have better luck buying it online, and made my way to the Gap to check out new stock. When I entered the store, my eyes were immediately averted to this:

Ultrasoft Wool Cardigan

and to these:

This is not a red that should be taken lightly. It is called 'Tomato' red. Wear these cords (in tomato colour), that cardi (and why not add this to your outfit), and traffic will immediately screech to a halt. While I am sure some teenagers could get away with those pants, I doubt that I would.  The cardigan is very soft and has cute snap closures, but found it quite roomy fitting for an S. The V-neck sweater is made from the same kind of wool. 
 

Ultrasoft Wool Cardigan
J. Crew Grand Ruffle Shell (similar here or here with long sleeves)

The cords are priced at $59.50 and they also come in Flint Grey, True Indigo and Black. They are 98% Cotton and 2% Spandex. I sized up in these ones from the usual size 2 in their 1969 jeans.

The cardigan comes in sizes XS to XXL and the following other colours: New Vineyard, Camel, Split Pea, Charcoal, True Navy, True Black Knit. The V-neck sweater also comes in these additional colours: Dark Brown Heather, Heather Grey and Campus Blue. Both the cardigan and the sweater are currently on sale for $35.
The Suede Tote is priced at $98 and comes in these colours: Flame, Mardi Gras Gold and Chocolate.

I also tried this cute jacket on:
Tweed Funnel Jacket

It could have some potential, but I was put off by the polyester content (57%). It comes in sizes 2 to 12 and it is priced at $98. I tried a size 4 (the smallest in the store, and it was floating on me:


 Have you tried the cords in Tomato colour at the Gap? What did you think?

20 comments:

  1. LOVE the redness!


    Cheers, B & Liv
    www.blivbook.blogspot.com
    B L I V B O O K: darling&diva ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im really loving all of the red Ive been seeing so far this season...your finds are great!!

    Enter My F21 Gift Card Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Boyu & Olivia! I'm sure you would rock this red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe. I've done that before...put together outfits in the fitting room that is so out there (for me) that I wouldn't even walk out of the cubicle. Good colour, but in small doses for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers, Osuna! This red is something else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CC, I instantly started laughing when I saw myself head to toe in red. (And I needed the laugh, believe me).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoah, that's bright. I tried the tweed jacket. It's definitely roomy, but I thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, gigi, haven't seen this much colour at the Gap in a while. I thought the jacket was cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm..I'm liking the jacket and the red...hmmm, may be time for a gap run...

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The all red is a really BRIGHT! I do like that shade of red and think the pieces seperatly could be a great addition to any wardrobe!!! You look great in those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping in, plentyofpennies! The cardi and the sweater are on sale, so it's a good time to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Tricia! Definitely NOT to be worn together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is definitely bright! I think the color is actually great in small doses and could be pulled off in a really chic way. However, I personally would be terrified of looking like a traffic sign so I will avoid, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are all absolutely gorgeous!! What did you end up buying? I actually really love those pants, but there is no way I could pull that look off.

    I cringe whenever I see Polyester on the tag too.

    I am having an interactive "Style Me Pretty" blog giveaway... I would love it if you joined!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the Funnel Jacket alot! I don't wear red but like it on others! Nice cardi--cute with the snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Andrea! Yes, one red piece at a time... I only tried them both on to check the fit. I am not crazy about the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, OneCraftyFox! I didn't end up with anything, but am considering the cardigan. The wool is really good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello yogagirl! I like red, just not red pants. :) Yes, those snaps are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I rarely go to the Gap, but was in there yesterday to shop for my bf and saw those red cords. I think they are a great color and they looked really cute.
    I think both pieces look nice on you although the totally red suit look is a bit too much color. I think you should go back for at least one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. fshnonmymind, thanks for popping in. I would never wear both pieces at once, and settled for the cardi yesterday. It wasn't on sale in the store any more, but with my Sprize card (a Gap card) I got 40% off, so after the SA applied the discount, the price was even lower than the previous sale price.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.