Monday, September 13, 2010

More J. Crew

Just a few quick pics from my latest JC trip... 

 
T-Shirt Headache Be Gone (Crewlet)

The sweater colour is Wild Plum and I am wearing an XS (I am usually an S), so I would size down on this one. It comes in other colours as well: Bronzed Olive, Black, Heather Nickel, Heather Cobblestone. It is on sale for $49.50 right now.  Minnies are also on sale for $59.50.

This one comes in Sweet Almond and Heather Graphite. I am wearing the Heather Graphite in XS (I am an S usually). It's priced at $128 and it's a fun piece, I thought. It is much nicer IRL than in the photos. At first I was annoyed that I had to do all 8 buttons, but then when it came time to take it off, I just pulled the sweater over my head.

The Tux Henley is a cute, thin layering piece, so I would wear this under some of my more fitted sweaters. The silk folds on the front are stitched with metallic thread, creating a nice detail. It runs TTS and comes in 4 colours: Black, Aluminum, Apricot Mist and White. I ended up getting the apricot mist and the white, since  they were on sale for $24.99.
Khloe Cami (in Blush Stone)

This was size 2 (TTS). Frankly, it is way too shiny for my taste, and didn't know what exactly to do with the collar part. I might consider the darker colour, since the Blush Stone does nothing for my skin tone. (I am a paler shade of white). It is also on sale for $29.99.

This one is the Dark Plum, but it also comes in Cobblestone, Darkest Indigo and Olive Moss. I am wearing a size 2, and it fits just a touch tighter in the shoulders than the Drapey Wool Mackenzie jacket which I blogged about in 2 previous posts. There was no size 4 to try out in the store. It is priced at $148 right now.

I am wearing a size S in Black. It also comes in Natural (a blush, very light pink colour) and is currently on sale for $69.99. The sequins at the bottom run around the back as well. I am no fan of sequins, but I loved this sweater, so I took it home with me. Never mind that I just got the J. Crew V-neck Cashmere sweater and the Gap Textured Wool jacket just recently in black as well...  one can never have enough black sweaters, right?

Shoppingwithm also blogged about this sweater here.

And here's a fun extra:














8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews! The wild plum color is gorg' on you. Congrats on the Ciel cardigan! Was the black on sale, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tux henley looks great and I love the cardigan too. I had my eyes on the Khloe but it's way too shiny looking for me too. I bought a couple of tops in that sort of shade last winter but I look like a dead carp in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Andrea! Yes, both colours are on sale. I rarely pay full price for anything. :)

    Tabitha, you described us perfectly in such outfits. Pale skins should stay away from this. JMO

    Thanks, Collette. I loved that cardi too. It's much nicer than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - I love it all. Especially the Minnie pants!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I added your link to my post on the loud & shiny Khloe cami. I *do* like the purple hues J Crew has this season. They're the best of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jess!... I got those also. They are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, gigi, and cheers! Yes, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.