Thursday, September 16, 2010

More J. Crew (II)


Above I am wearing a black henley with rows of secure black sequins in the style of the Sequin Stripe henley. It is an in-store item only, I believe, as I do not see it on the website. and also priced at $68. I am wearing my usual size (S). And here is a close-up of it:

I took the picture at an angle to show the sequins, but be assured that the colour is black.


Here I am trying on a Beaded Stamp tee (size S). This tee is tissue thin, so definitely a layering piece for some of the more fitted sweaters. It also comes in Aluminum (grey) colour and it is currently is on sale for $24.99.



Here I am wearing the Stripe Pocket tee, "the wear-with-everything striped tee of the season, in a new cozy cotton that has the perfect balance of structure and slouch (according to J. Crew)." That may be so, but the collar I am seeing on the one in the store is not the same as the one on the website. It is also very thin. I purposely pulled it over the skirt so you can see how transparent it is. 

The skirt is the Sequin Pencil skirt. This skirt fits TTS and it is gorgeous. Not sure how the sequin work would allow you to sit down without fear of wrecking it.

And since my good friend A Bigger Closet asked me to try the Marled Shawl-Collar cardigan for size, I thought I'd post those photos here too (front and side, small size). Small is my usual size in cardigans. Currently this one is on sale for $69.99.

The Marled Shawl-Collar cardigan is cute but it feels bulky in the front on me. And it is not as cute as the Ciel étoilé cardigan (also on sale for $69.99), which I blogged about here and which I decided to get instead.

 

Also check Gigi's Gone Shopping's and shoppingwithm's blogs about this cardigan.

The pants are J. Crew Stretch Twill Minnie pants, also on sale right now for $59.50.

I REALLY wanted to get the Double Serge Pencil skirt in Vintage Wisteria colour (currently on sale for $98.00), but in the store I could only find this similar colour in size 0 only. It is too tight on my body, so I think my regular 2 will fit perfectly. The colour is much stronger than the Vintage Wisteria on the website though, so be aware of that.


Lastly, I thought I'd try the Aiden Plaid shirt ($72) hanging on the racks close to the store entrance. The colour is more a mocha than beige, and if I am going to get a plaid shirt this season, it is this one. I am wearing size 2 (my regular in shirts), and it feels pretty generous. The fabric is soft and thick enough without being bulky. Too bad it is not wrinkle-free in the photo.

 

I would wear this with the J. Crew Toothpick Cord in the Dusty Cedar colour:


Or with the J. Crew Vintage Stretch Bootcut cord in Cobblestone (pictured below) or even in Smoky Orchid:


I also got a Perfect-fit Crew-neck Tee in heather, currently on sale for $19.50 in the store:


Please also check out the Free Shipping code in the upper right corner.






10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that is the vintage wisteria. I ordered that color and it was much softer and more subtle than last year's bright plum. Almost like the dried rose color on the Bettina.

    I noticed a bright pink double serge skirt at my B&M yesterday that I do not see online. I wonder if that is the color you tried?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitsmommy, I wonder now too. They had this very bright colour and a mustard colour (for lack of a better descriptor). Perhaps I should edit the post so as not to confuse anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, that plaid shirt is great! The stamp tee also looks cute but I am for sure tee-d out. Thanks for the pictures/reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the bright whatever it is colour of that skirt and I've been coveting the sequin one but I was also wondering about sitting down and wrecking it of course I've nowhere to wear it anyway but ho hum.

    The plaid shirt and dusty cedar cords would be perfect for winter, very cosy, all you'll need is a mug of hot chocolate and a boxed set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. T., I love it too. I may need to take another trip down south to get the right size... that, and also the shirt, unless it goes on sale online first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello:) I love the tank...and the plaid shirt:)

    Have a fabulous day!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Collette, and same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leather of the World deals in Genuine eel leather panel EELSK01 Wine with best price. Genuine eel leather panel EELSK01 Wine

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.