Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jaipur: The Pink City

I learn something new every day, it seems. I didn't know that was the nickname for this city. And now the name of the shirt suddenly makes sense to me.
There's too much light in this room, so I took another picture with the flash. The colours are much more vivid. But I really need to do something about that moppy hair.
J. Crew Drapey Wool Mackenzie Jacket (watch for pop-backs, or similar here or sweater here on sale)
J. Crew Jaipur Perfect Shirt (watch for pop-backs, or similar here, or similar cami on sale) 
J. Crew Outlet Patent Leather Belt (similar here, here or here)
Ann Taylor Wool Pants (similar here)

Heard this on the radio today, and can't get it out of my head:

19 comments:

  1. I love the whole look. The belt just adds the final touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, GiGi, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design on that shirt! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! It was love at first sight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this whole look! Wishing I had that shirt now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, shopwithm! I got it on a popback... just watch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! I absolutely luve how you paired the Jaipur Perfect Shirt with the Pink Blazer--awesome look! Do you mind if I copy???!!! smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not at all, yogagirl! I'm flattered! Thanks for popping in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that shirt! The belt just pulls everything together and you look lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much, Tricia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blouse.....loving your outfits...new follower:)


    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colors together. Very sweet/sophisticated :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Stylestance! Love the pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some reason I never thought to check J. Crew for belts! I'm always looking for very skinny ones. I like your pink one, and it goes great with the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lady C.! JC has quite a few... check the links I posted or their website. The one I have is from the outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Jaipur shirt is gorgeous! Oh, you're making me regret getting the Sunshine Peony print over this one when both were on sale at my local store ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! Lisa, snatch it on a pop-back. That's how I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love this combination! I have this shirt -bought it months ago and it seems to be lost in my closet somewhere. I also have a similar color blazer from Zara. I just wore it last week twice, you see it here at the bottom of the post:
    http://www.ingredientsforstyle.com/2010/09/17/last-weeks-outfits/
    I never thought to pair it with this shirt though. Thanks to you, I'm now inspired to pair them together. Thanks!
    Fatima

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.