Sunday, September 19, 2010

Banana Republic - September Edition


Silk Raw Edge Shirtdress (similar here or here)
Chainlink Belt (here, or very similar here)

I am wearing the Silk Raw Edge Shirtdress in Dark Pewter, currently on sale for $79.99, marked down from $130. I sized up from 2, as the top felt a bit too tight. The belt is the Chainlink belt size S and it fits loosely on my waist.


Faux Wrap Shawl Sweater (available here)
Jodhpur Leggings (available here)


Above I am trying on the Faux Wrap Shawl sweater in Mushroom colour. It also comes in Ultra Navy and Light Grey Heather. The sizes are XS to XL (this one is an XS, so you might want to size down). Currently it is priced at $79.50. This sweater reminds me of the J. Crew's Dream Draped V Sweater I blogged about here, except this one is mostly cotton (97%), while the J. Crew one is a wool/nylon/cashmere blend. It is a nice, fun piece, and has a lengthening effect, in my opinion.

And thought I should give the Jodhpur Leggings (in grey colour) a try in the meantime too. Size 2, my usual size in pants, felt tight on my legs and also a bit on the long side as well. I say NO to these leggings for me. They are priced at $79.50.



Another fun piece I tried on was the Cotton Twill Layering cardigan, which comes in Grey Heather and Taupe Heather. Also priced at $79.50, it comes in XS to XL, and it is quite thin.



  

And above is Banana Republic's version of the corduroy blazer in Castle Grey. It also comes in Fossil Stone. The fabric is not s nice as the one from Eddie Bauer, and about which I blogged here.



Silk Pintuck Shirtdress (similar here)

Above I am wearing the Silk Pintuck Shirtdress in Olive colour and size 2, also on sale for $79.99. I would wear this with a belt as well.



Hidden Placket Cardigan (similar here)

Also tried on the Hidden Placket cardigan in Rust colour and size S. It comes in sizes XS to XL and it is priced at $79.50. Other colours are Sunwashed Taupe, Peach and Anthracite. A mix of wool and cashmere, it feels really soft and has mother-of pearl buttons, which I haven't seen very much lately.

I am wearing this with the Stretch Textured Pencil skirt in my regular size. It also comes in Sunwashed Taupe, and it is priced at $69.50. This skirt felt and fitted great, so I ended up buying it with the 40% coupon I received by e-mail. 
Stretch Textured Skirt



And this is the Merino V-Neck sweater in Pink Heather and size small. Also comes in sizes XS to XL and the following colours: Bright Berry, Ludlow Bay Blue, Peach, Gray Heather, Cloud Blue, Black and Taupe.It's priced at $59.50.

Here's the Banana Republic description for this jacket: "Never has traditional herringbone looked so timely. With frayed edges, striped lining and a feminine, shorter length, this chic jacket adds a preppy edge to any look." The jacket is priced at $130 and it is a mix of wool/polyester 55/45. It looked and felt nice, but the frayed edges were a bit too much to take.

 

It seems almost every retailer has a herringbone jacket this fall. Banana Republic had one in the previous roll-out, which I blogged about here, and so did The Gap and Eddie Bauer.

Have you signed up to receive specials from Banana Republic by e-mail?





16 comments:

  1. Love the dress and tweed jacket:)

    Have a Fantastic Weekend!!!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweaters but 80 bucks is totally steep for a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket looks awful in my opinion (not your fault!) I wouldn't pay 5 dollars for it. I am not that impressed with BR right now, it just looks like overpriced Gap. :-P Helpful reviews though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collette: thanks for stopping by! The jacket COULD have potential if it weren't frayed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, I agree. That's why I will for the next SALE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karenina, you got it. I quite liked it when I first laid eyes on it, only to notice the collar disintegrating when I tried it on! Their previous version was so nicely made in comparison! Thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the pieces you've tried on. I'm particularly interested in the silk shirtdress. Was it TTS? or would you recommend I size up? I'm normally a 2 in tops and 4 in pants and dresses.
    You have a very lovely blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the silk shirtdress too. I also liked the cardi but a little overpriced for something so basic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the detailed reviews! I was at BR on last Friday night, % off coupon in hand and simply could not pull the trigger on anything. Think I was 1) all shopped out from week before and 2) been looking at Talbots and JC too much so am a little meh on the BR colours right now, 3) Plus I'm looking forward to the "deep winter" offerings. High temp today here is 9C. Yeah. Brrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the pictures and review! I think everything looks good on you but the jodhpur leggings and shawl sweater combination is absolutely smashing! Such a chic fall look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tricia, I loved the first shirtdress more than the second one, for some reason, and I agree -- totally overpriced everything... that's why I was happy to have the 40% off coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CC, I agree, except for a couple of cardis and sweaters, the colours are DRAB! I couldn't find anything brighter in my size to try on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Andrea! I didn't like the look of the leggings on me. They were way too tight, and I don't think I have thick legs. I would wear that sweater with the JC Minnie pants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fatima, sorry! I completely missed your post! The first shirtdress I sized up for mainly because of the shoulders that felt tight for me. The second one was TTS (size 2). I am usually a 2... sometimes a 0 for skirts.

    Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the silk shirtdress and the chainlink belt is a perfect outfit! LUVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Luve it too, yogagirl! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.