Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nanette Lepore and Stuart Weitzman at Holt Renfrew (part II)


And carrying on from my last post about a recent shopping trip to Holt Renfrew (known as Canada's premiere luxury fashion retailer), we made our way to the Nanette Lepore department, where I just had to try on the Daring Rose dress that I've been drooling over for some time.


I tried this in a size 4, but the skirt is too loose on me (they didn't have a smaller size to try on), and the waist feels like it's about two inches too high! I am trying to make it fit by folding it at the back.



So we then headed to the drastically reduced shoes... slim pickings, as the racks had already been ransacked by others before us. Heading for the one marked 'size 8,' I discovered a pair of sandals made by my favourite shoemaker, these Stuart Weitzman heels in black.


Lovely sandals, however, they were not TTS, and this one was the last pair.I also tried the suede version of the Vigorous Over the Knee Boots which are almost identical to the boots I bought nearly 3 years ago, minus the 'over-the-knee' part. I do find the SW shoes/boots so comfortable and well fitting that I wear them all winter long.


No photos taken for posterity, fortunately. I felt like an Amazon warrior...all I was missing was a sword and a horse. I ended up going home empty-handed. Oh, well!


You may also like:

2 comments:

  1. I love the print of that dress!! Too bad those boots were a bust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I am partial to roses. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.