Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Visit to Holt's (part I)

Last Wednesday I dragged my friend down to Holt Renfrew's 'wine & cheese' party. I had gone to the previous one and I found it to be fun. Her daughter, a stylista in the making also joined us, and so did a co-worker.  Wine, wine spritzers and other cocktails were plenty available, and so were various appetizers.  I chose plain old water... Anyway, the main reason we went there for was to check out the fashion on super-duper sale (70% off), but not before stopping by the Jo Malone counter, a must for me.

In the past few years, I found I have become more and more allergic to all kinds of fragrances, but I found Jo Malone was one of the very few lines I can use with no problems.  At first, I used Jo Malone Grapefruit Cologne for a couple of years, but lately I settled on the Orange Blossom Cologne in the same line. I find it fresh, light, and everyone asks what I'm wearing.

This fragrance comes in 2 sizes, 30 ml (1 fl. oz.) and 100 ml (3.4 fl. oz).  I find the smaller size is perfect for travel on business trips when I don't have the time to check my luggage in.


From the same line, I use the Orange Blossom Body Lotion, which is light and gets absorbs by the skin almost immediately, while its smell lingers for hours.  The lotion comes in a 175 ml (5.9 fl. oz.) bottle with a pump. In the winter time, I also use the body cream. The cream comes in a 250 ml (8.5 fl. oz.) heavy glass jar.



Do you use any Jo Malone products? Which one is your favourite? What fragrance you absolutely cannot do without?

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried them, it's never too late to start right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Tricia. This line has MANY fragrances to choose from, so you may just find one that suits you. They are also launching a new smell called English Pear & Freesia in September, I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog!

    I got the huge pot of body scrub as a Christmas present and it's wonderful, really indulgent but I wouldn't pay that much money for it myself. I'll have to eek it out till next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, T.! The Jo Malone line is quite pricey up here in Canada, so I try to buy it when I travel. I was stranded at Heathrow last January (but that's another blog-worthy tidbit), so of course I had to check out the Jo Malone duty free store.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.