Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Gap (The Store, That Is)

Yesterday I went on a fishing expedition to try and find out if I could convince myself to use my 30% off coupon good for Banana Republic, Old Navy and The Gap.  I ended up at The Gap.  After trying on a few items I put one on hold thinking of going back today to get it if I convinced myself I that I really do need it this fall.

First I tried on the Ruffled Micro-Print sleeveless top in nugget gold colour in XS. It's a blend of cotton/silk 70/30, and quite transparent. It has some kind of folded ruffles on the front that end up in two strips that can be tied, apparently. I think it runs big for an XS. The skirt I tried on is black, has a side zipper and 2 pleats in the back, and it seems to be an in-store only item. This one runs TTS and felt great on. Similar style here.
The next item I tried was the one I had placed on hold. It is the Textured Wool Jacket. It runs XS to XXL, it is double-breasted, and has small brass buttons. The size I have on is an XS. The wool is soft and it didn't feel itchy at all on my bare arms. I loved it so much, it went home with me.
I then also decided to try on the Gap version of the Herringbone Band blazer. This was a size 2, my usual size, but it felt quite big and boxy in comparison to the Banana Republic version and which I talked about here. The colour was brown & white, as opposed to black & white for the BR version.

I also tried the  Zip Cardigan in the navy colour, but the photo didn't turn out too great. It is a cotton/wool 80/20 blend and the picture on the website doesn't do it justice.  It looks much better in the store.

Make sure to visit Gigi's blog for more IRL pics of the Gap's new items.

Have you visited The Gap this weekend to take advantage of their 30% off sale?

6 comments:

  1. I actually love that blouse! The pattern is darling. Congrats on your new coat, it looks very warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute, and I loved the pattern too, but I can only have so many sleeveless tops. Thank you... it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wool jacket!!! Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tricia! Hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good picks! I tried on the herringbone jacket but the sleeves were too long on me.

    Was home for the weekend. Think we visited the same mall? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, CC! Sorry to read that... If it's the one in Kerr. we probably did. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.