Monday, August 30, 2010

Eddie Bauer Visit

I finally ventured into Eddie Bauer after a loooong, long time and boy!  Was I surprised! I had given up on this store quite sometime ago, but Closet Crisis of One Too Many Closets gave me hope again.

Right at the entrance they had guess what?  Another version of a herringbone fabric blazer. Theirs is called Boyfriend Blazer and it is a nice linen. Unfortunately this item was not steamed, so it shows quite wrinkly in the picture.

The jacket runs very small (size 6). I am wearing a long-sleeved T-shirt underneath, for reference.

The store and the website styled this with a Ruffled Cardigan in colour barley underneath. Similar style here and a longer version here.  This cardigan is slub cotton, and fits larger than normal. I am wearing an XS in this photo. Usually I take S in the Jackie or the Zip Pocket cashmere cardigans from J. Crew.The ruffles are quite small and subtle. The buttons are metallic. Can you tell I I liked this one a lot?  I put it on hold.
The pants I am wearing are the Cotton Stretch Cropped pants in size 2. They are similar in style and fit to the cropped Minnie pant from J. Crew. Underneath I am wearing a metallic gold camisole which seems to be an in-store item only. Get a similar one here.  Essie toe nail polish from here or here

The next item I tried is a Sequined Henley T-shirt. OK, when I think Eddie Bauer, sequins don't quite come to mind, but was pleasantly surprised. This one comes in 6 different colours, including the Mink one I am wearing. It is a bit low cut, so I would wear a tank top underneath.
And a close-up of the secure sequin work:
Next I tried the Year Around Sporting Vest in silver colour. It also comes in four other colours: black, dark purple, driftwood, lipstick red. I tried on a S in this picture but it was a bit loose, so afterward I tried an XS and it fit better. Underneath  I am wearing the Habotai Silk-Trimmed Henley in brook colour. It is also slub cotton and comes in antique rose, chocolate, currant, dark sagebrush, dusty lavender, raven and white. I am wearing an XS, so size down on this one too.
I tried on a few more items, but those photos are for another day. Phew!

Have you been ignoring Eddie Bauer like I have?

10 comments:

  1. EB has been reall hit or miss with their style for me, so unfortunately I've been giving them the high iggy for a while. However, that ruffled cardi looks very similar to a JC version I missed out out a year ago, so I may need to give it a second look. And I actually had been eyeballing the sporting vest in black last year but never bit bc I was concerned about sizing - I think it'd be a chic alternative to those giant puffer vests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, Lisa. I saw the Whirling Ruffles cardigan on FFM's blog this morning. Looks a lot like it.

    The vest in black also looks good and it is not puffy at all. There are a lot of other likes in that store (such as cotton/cashmere cardis in several colours) that I will post soon about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose! Thanks for the shoutout ;) EB should bust out the steamer for that jacket...EEKS!

    Love the ruffly cardi and sporting vest on you!

    Love EB because everything's guaranteed and no FS... I have my eye on the jean jacket, the cotton utility jacket, as well as the sporting vest, and am dying to try on the waxed cotton jacket. I can drop a good chunk of my paycheck at EB this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, CC! I loved the cardi and I am still debating... what to do? what to do? I am going back to the store... there's still a lot more things I want to try, but will go one evening when they are open late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that ruffled cardigan, who knew!? Yes I totally avoid Eddie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here, Tricia! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the photos! I've gotten some nice things from Eddie Bauer over the years. The quality is good, and I especially like that they have petite and tall sizes available, at least online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping in, Lady Cardigan! Yes, I was pleasantly surprised about their quality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I normally only stop into EB if I'm looking for warm weather accessories-gloves, scarves, etc. Who knew they are even doing SEQUINS! With all the promos they run, this is GREAT to know! Thanks!

    pamela

    www.gingergirl4242.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, I was surprised by the quality of most of their things. I hadn't stopped in EB in years -- literally -- until this fall. I am wearing their thin cropped jeans all weekend long.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.